Thursday, September 29, 2011

Follow Friday! (5)

Feature & Follow Friday is a weekly meme created by Parajunkee and co-hosted by Alison Can Read where bloggers hop around meeting and following other bloggers. This week's featured bloggers are Starcrossed &The Bookaholic

Q: What book that hasn't been turned into a movie (yet) would you most like to see make it to the big screen, and who would you like cast as your favorite character?

A: I'm not a big fan of books being made into movies. I just feel like they get too over hyped and popular. I'm one of those people who hate things that become the new "thing", especially when it comes to books. Maybe it's selfish but I really do like it when I read a book and I'm the only one out of my friends that has heard of it. It makes me feel like I am indulging in a secret story no one else had touched yet. I also feel that most times movies don't do the books justice. Its rare when a movie outshines the book.

I suppose the only one I'd like to see would be Divergent by Veronica Roth. I think it would make an epic movie! No idea who I'd pick for the cast though!

6 comments:

  1. Great pick! I could've picked this one too! I think it was optioned for a movie already but we still have to wait for it to come out... waiting is a killer though =)

    I hope you can visit My Hops

    I'm a New Follower,
    April at Books4Juliet

    ReplyDelete
  2. Heey
    You're the 2nd blogger today choosing Divergent, perhaps I should check it out! I'm usually also quite reserved about books-turned-into-movies! I'm a new follower, hop on over if you have the time:
    http://universeinwords.blogspot.com/2011/09/follow-friday-and-book-blogger-hop.html
    Juli @ Universe in Words

    ReplyDelete
  3. I understand your comment about movies not doing the books justice! I love the comment about knowing a secret when your friends haven't read a certain book, and you have!

    Hopping by... Here's my answer

    Make sure to visit my 100 Followers Giveaway!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree with you with not wanting to watch the movie because sometimes...most of the times the movie suck and it would ruin the book. and i don't think that's selfish.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hopping through. I agree that it's hard to do a movie right. They usually don't do the book justice. I'm curious about a Divergent film.
    My Hop

    ReplyDelete