Sunday, July 8, 2012

Once Upon a Read-a-Thon Goals and Updates!

I will be participating in the Once Upon a Read - a - Thon and am super excited! It starts tomorrow and lasts until Wednesday. For more information on the readathon or to sign up, go here!
Goals:
I have been super behind on my reading this month so this readathon came at a good time. I'm hoping to finish three books, but if I read more than that's great! The books I hope to get through are...


Undead by Kristy McKay
Drain You by M. Beth Bloom 
Something Strange and Deadly by Susan Dennard 
Pushing the Limits by Katie McGarry 
Rosebush by Michelle Jaffe 

So far those are the only books I have planned, and if by some miracle I read all of them then I will feel like  a champion! I plan on updating through twitter (#OUreadathon) and making a wrap up post on here. Happy reading everyone! 


UPDATES: 
07/09 
12:34 AM began Undead by Kirsty McKay 
1:25 AM I participated in IB Book Blogging's mini challenge! She asked two questions.


Question One: What is your favorite cover that has been revealed this summer and why? 
Answer: My favorite cover that has been revealed this summer has to be Stormdancer by Jay Kristoff! I have always had a soft spot for Japanese culture and when I laid my eyes on that cover I was in love. Just look at it! I love everything about it, the Thundertiger in the top corner and Yukiko on the cover looking all bad ass. I LOVE IT. Even the subtle hints of the red sky make the cover pop even more. Seriously, I am in cover LUST. 


Question Two: Do you rely on the cover to help you choose whether you want to read a book or not? 
Answer: Well, If I were to be brutally honest I'd say yes. A really pretty cover lures me in and makes me want to pick the book up and look at it. Most of the time when i'm at the bookstore I gravitate to books with covers that catch my eye. So yes, covers do play a role in the beginning, but the actual story makes me adore the book! 
9:15 AM I finished Undead by Kirsty McKay 
9:47 AM began Pushing The Limits by Katie McGarry 
Total Books read: 1 
07/10
Didn't get much reading done as I'd hoped. About halfway on Pushing the Limits. 
07/11
4:15 pm finished Pushing The Limits by Katie McGarry (LOVED IT) 
4:47 PM entered Kindle Fever's mini challenge! 
Challenge: As the story teller, I want you to tell me which to characters are fighting and why!  
Story: Tris and Katniss are fighting in an arena of death to determine which kick-ass heroine is finally THE BEST! It's a tough fight coming from two strong willed characters! 
4:51 pm entered Stiletto Storytime's mini challenge! 
Challenge: Share a foreign author whose work you adore.
Answer: I love Markus Zusak's work. Absolutely everything I have read by him I have loved. His prose and characters are amazing!  I highly recommend anything he has ever written but my favorites are I Am the Messanger and The Book Thief. 







3 comments:

  1. I definitely understand about being behind. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know your feeling! I had two really busy weeks in June which put me behind in reading so I'm using this to catch up some as well. Hey! We have a book in common for this! I plan on reading Pushing The Limits as well! Good luck! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I love the Stormdancer cover. :) It is so intriguing! Also, pretty covers do make a difference, huh? :) A good story is just the icing on the cake! Good luck in the Read a Thon. I think you'll find that you can finish Pushing the Limits really fast since it's such a phenomenal book. :)

    ReplyDelete