Friday, May 17, 2013

Review: Eleanor and Park


Title: Eleanor & Park
Author: Rainbow Rowell
Release Date:
February 26th 2013
Publisher: St. Martin's Press

Pages: 325
Source: Netgalley
Summary:
"Bono met his wife in high school," Park says.
"So did Jerry Lee Lewis," Eleanor answers.
"I’m not kidding," he says.
"You should be," she says, "we’re sixteen."
"What about Romeo and Juliet?"
"Shallow, confused, then dead."
''I love you," Park says.
"Wherefore art thou," Eleanor answers.
"I’m not kidding," he says.
"You should be."

Set over the course of one school year in 1986, ELEANOR AND PARK is the story of two star-crossed misfits – smart enough to know that first love almost never lasts, but brave and desperate enough to try. When Eleanor meets Park, you’ll remember your own first love – and just how hard it pulled you under.”
My Thoughts: 
The first thing I noticed about this book was the beautiful cover. It was so simple yet it caught my attention immediately, and I am so glad. Guys, this book was amazing. Eleanor and Park is such an incredible coming of age story and I am so happy I was able to read it!

This book was just so deep and emotional. Rainbow hit the mark on this book perfectly. What I really loved about this story were the characters, Eleanor and Park. Each character was just so incredible and lovable.  I really adored seeing how Eleanor and Park’s relationship grew over time. It was such a realistic approach to young love that I was reminded of my high school days.

The romance wasn’t the only thing I loved. Seeing Eleanor’s home life and watching her struggle really added to the story. Sometimes she really aggravated me with how she acted or what she said, but then I saw why. It just was such a strong part for me.

The only thing I didn’t like about this book was the ending. I wanted more and it felt a bit too open for me. I kind of hope there will be a sequel or companion in the future!

If you’re looking for a great story, pick this one up!
Rating: 4.5/5

No comments:

Post a Comment