Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Review: Every Day


Title: Every Day
Author: David Levithan
Release Date: August 28th 2012
Publisher: Knopf Books for Young Readers
Pages: 324
Source: Purchased

Summary:
“Every day a different body. Every day a different life. Every day in love with the same girl.

There’s never any warning about where it will be or who it will be. A has made peace with that, even established guidelines by which to live: Never get too attached. Avoid being noticed. Do not interfere.

It’s all fine until the morning that A wakes up in the body of Justin and meets Justin’s girlfriend, Rhiannon. From that moment, the rules by which A has been living no longer apply. Because finally A has found someone he wants to be with—day in, day out, day after day.”

My Thoughts: 

I have never read a book quite like Every Day in my entire reading life.

When I first went into this novel, I expected it to only focus on the romance but I was so wrong. This story is about all the different people in the world. It’s so beautiful and just amazing. I really loved seeing A go through the bodies and seeing the lives they lived through a new perspective. It made me really think about how everyone is unique in their own way. That was my favorite part of the whole book. The journey through each person.

The love A had for Rhiannon was deep. I mean he/she found every way possible to be near her. I know that sounds creepy to some people but I found it kind of sweet. The only thing I didn't like about the book was how it ended. I felt like there were too many questions left unanswered and it simply felt rushed. I kind of hope there’s a companion or sequel in the future because I want to know what happened to A and also Rhiannon.

So overall, I am so happy I read this book. It’s original and brings up a tons of thought provoking questions. It’s a very beautiful book.

Rating: 4.5/5  

No comments:

Post a Comment